Welcome to the new QGIS Web Application
This application is the official QGIS plugins web portal.
You are strongly encouraged to use this application and report any issue on the QGIS Web Applications Bug Tracking System.
In order to access to some functionalities of this website you will need to login with a valid OSGEO ID.
You can create a new OSGeo ID at OSGEO web portal.
Resources for plugin users
- If you've found a bug in one of the plugins, learn how to submit a bug report:
Resources for plugin authors
- The pyQGIS cookbook is an ongoing effort to collect tips and tricks about QGIS python programming.
- The QGIS API is the ultimate reference for plugins creators
How to add your plugin to this repository
- Go to QGIS plugin repo and click on Share a plugin. The approval procedure should take 2 weeks maximum. If not approved, a e-mail will be sent to you. For a prompt approval, please check that your plugin:
- has no malicious code
- goes to the appropriate menu (Vector, Raster, Web, Database)
- has at least minimal documentation
- does not duplicate of existing functionalities or plugin, unless there is a good reason
- has a proper license
- does not contain architecture-dependant binaries
- supports English language
- provides a minimal data set for testing
- has (in the metadata) a link to the code repository and to a bug tracking system of your choice (you can use github or other infrastructures, including http://hub.qgis.org/projects)
- In addition, it is advisable that:
- english language is used in code (comments, identifiers)
- source repository is in good shape:
- no generated file is left in repository (ui_*.py, resources_rc.py, gen. help files…)
- good code organization (subfolders)
- code comments are available
- PEP8 & Python/QGIS guidelines compliance
- a README file and a LICENCE file (GPL2/GPL2+ mandatory) are present
- the licence is compliant wrt external dependencies (e.g. no import of proprietary python module)
- if the plugin has a need for external dependency, this it should be clearly stated in the About metadata field
- if some dependencies are not available in OSGeo4w Python, a clear indication of how to install them should be given
- the name of the plugin and the folder name do not repeat the word `plugin`
- finally, the use of plugin builder plugin is recommended, especially for new users.